Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Later Sk8r "Awesome Day" Layout

I was recently in a swap and was given our new Later Sk8r papers to work with.  It was quite the challenge for me as our household revolves around all things girly.  Poor Greg is out numbered!  Even the dog is a girl...well we do have one boy dog, but he's a tea cup Yorkie and his masculinity doesn't count for much.  One of the biggest complaints I hear is that there isn't enough "boy" scrapbooking stuff.  Well, if this doesn't scream "BOY", I don't know what does! So for the next several posts, I'm going to be focusing on projects created with Later Sk8r.

All the gears and letters were cut from the Cricut Artiste cartridge.   I used all things pewter and threw a few stamps on as well.  If you want to duplicate this layout, here's a few things you will need:

The pattern I used is found in the "Make It From You Heart" book on page 8.  When arranging the gears, I just imagined they were flowers.  I also placed them as random clusters and not so straight and lined up as the pattern shows. 


Hammer the brads flat for a more industrial look.

I distressed the edges of the gears in slate ink.  I also stamped textures on some of the cogs using B1415 In Gear.  This stamp set is awesome because it coordinates with the Cricut Artiste.  Layer and double layer the gears with 3-D foam tape for added dimension.  Use brads and ribbon slides to finish the look. 


It never fails that every time I finish a project, I can always come up with something else I should have or could have done.  Have you ever done that?   I've been seeing a lot of great things being done with the new glitter paper and couldn't help but wonder what this layout would have looked like if I had done some of the gears in silver glitter paper.  If I had done that, I would have changed the embellishments to silver and not used pewter as it would have had a completely different look and feel.

1 comment: